- Our Work
- Access to Services
- Aging & Disabilities
- Children and Youth
- Coordinated Community Response
- Economic Justice
- Health Care
- Homicide Prevention & Reporting
- National Clearinghouse on Abuse in Later Life
- Outreach to Underserved Communities
- Public Policy
- Rural & Tribal
- Technology Safety
- Teen Dating Violence
- Wisconsin Batterers Treatment Providers Association
Employer:End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin
SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Administration, the Accounting Assistant is a part-time (20 hours/week), non-exempt position. This position is responsible for supporting aspects of finance and accounting for the agency including grant tracking; general accounting responsibilities; clerical/admin functions, month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closings; and, ensuring that transactions are processed in accordance with GAAP, Federal and State grants financial management guidelines, and END ABUSE internal policies and procedures and to communicate exceptions to management.
COMPENSATION: Hourly: $14.50-$15.50. End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer offering an extensive compensation package including salary/hourly wage, paid time off (3 weeks vacation, sick time, personal time, and holidays), short and long term disability, life insurance, 401k, and flexible benefit (currently $10,000/year for full-time/40 hr/week employees-prorated for part-time) to be applied toward health, dental, vision, 401k and/or salary.
- Process and track receivables invoices as they relate to grant income, program income, event registrations, and donations.
- Process deposits and cash receipts in the accounting software.
- Assist with payroll functions in order to ensure that staff is paid in an accurate and timely manner.
- Participate in cross-training to ensure familiarity with time labor management software and payroll systems.
- Process timesheet reports for allocation of grant funds.
- Filing, organizing, data entry, and other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Assist with grant tracking as required by funders.
- Set up newly awarded grants in Excel.
- Update each grant tracking spreadsheet for monthly review.
- Assist with grant invoicing as requested by the Director of Finance.
- 2+ years general accounting, accounts receivable, and an understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Payroll experience a plus (willing to train)
- Experience with Great Plains Accounting Software preferred, but not required
- High degree of proficiency in communicating both verbally and in writing
- Able to operate copier, scanner and computer
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel, Word, and Outlook; ability to learn and utilize additional forms of technology preferred.
- Able to work under deadlines
- Aptitude for complexity
- Must be detail oriented, extremely organized and dependable
- Non-profit accounting experience a plus.
Leadership Role:This position provides the opportunity to create streamlined processes that help the END ABUSE finance and admin team create efficiencies. It also provides the opportunity to assist programs through the sharing of knowledge on administrative issues.
*Spanish or Hmong language fluency a plus.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit a complete application package, including:
- The END ABUSE application form (attached below),
- A current resume,
- A cover letter,
- A one-page essay describing your understanding of domestic violence, and
- Information about how to contact you for an interview.
For early consideration, please include all of the above listed information and submit your complete application by October 23, 2014 at 4:30pm CST. Open until filled.
Please send (mail or drop off) your complete application to: End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin/HIRING COMMITTEE - 1245 E Washington Ave., Suite 150, Madison, WI 53703
Email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to: 608.255.3560
*PLEASE READ full job description and check application requirements listed above. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please be sure to complete the Fillable Employment Application FORM which is attached below in two different formats (use whichever format works best for you - either the .pdf OR the .docx).
End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity, empowerment and social justice.
Deadline for applications:Open until filled
Contact:Julie R Fisher