- Our Work
- Access to Services
- Aging & Disabilities
- Children and Youth
- Coordinated Community Response
- Economic Justice
- Health Care
- Homicide Prevention & Reporting
- National Clearinghouse on Abuse in Later Life
- Outreach to Underserved Communities
- Public Policy
- Rural & Tribal
- Technology Safety
- Teen Dating Violence
- Wisconsin Batterers Treatment Providers Association
Bilingual Legal Assistant
Employer:End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin / RISE Law Center
End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin: the Wisconsin Coalition Against Domestic Violence (END ABUSE) is a statewide membership organization of programs and individuals working to end domestic violence.
RISE Law Center, a project of END ABUSE, is a small fast-paced law office which primarily provides legal services to immigrant and refugee survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault.
RISE Law Center is seeking a part-time, limited term equivalent (LTE), Bilingual Legal Assistant. The Bilingual Legal Assistant will work directly with survivors, attorneys, law students, interns and community programs. This 20 hr/wk non-exempt position is responsible for supporting the activities of a busy public interest law office by performing a broad range of duties including:
- Greeting clients, answering questions, and disseminating information in person, over the telephone, and through electronic media;
- Scheduling meetings and appointments;
- Assisting in and conducting client interviews;
- Drafting/translating legal documents/correspondence from Spanish to English and from English to Spanish;
- Organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files; and
- Managing assigned projects and researching legal issues.
We are looking for a person who thrives in a dynamic work environment, looks for the positive in situations, and can sense and help clients voice their unique needs.
Completed applications will be accepted until 4:30 PM (CST), Friday August 23, 2013.END ABUSE is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity, empowerment and social justice.
For complete details on how to apply please open and read the job packet pdf below.
Deadline for applications:4:30pm on Friday, August 23, 2013