Christine Ann Domestic Abuse Services, Inc.
The Volunteer Coordinator recruits, trains and manages volunteers and interns. This position will work closely with agency staff to identify agency needs and how best they can be met with volunteers and/or interns. Also responsible for scheduling volunteers and volunteer activities including agency fundraisers and other events, including one-time, short-term, and long-term service projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage recruitment efforts of volunteers/interns through public speaking, newsletters, brochures, and community events
- Serve as agency representative at community events and fairs to publicize volunteer opportunities and agency services.
- Prepare and conduct new volunteer training sessions.
- Develop curriculum and related materials for all volunteer trainings
- Document all volunteer policies and procedures and update as necessary
- Maintain calendar for crisis line coverage by staff and Volunteer Advocates
- Schedule and coordinate with staff volunteer schedules for children’s program, shelter and helpline coverage and facilities.
- Coordinate volunteers for all agency outreach and community events
- Schedule timeslots and coordinate volunteers for agency fundraising and education events
- Responsible for all aspects of volunteer processing including the completion of all volunteer forms, background and reference checks. Maintain all necessary forms and documentation for volunteer files.
- Responsible for oversight of internship program; including recruitment, screening, interviewing, training and placement.
- Supervise and support all volunteers
- Maintain database for tracking and scheduling volunteers and volunteer opportunities
Christine Ann Team Member
- Serve walk-in clients on an as-needed basis
- Provide shelter and helpline coverage 5 hours/ week and as needed to assure coverage
- Serve as the on-call support/staff back-up on rotating basis
- Work with staff to coordinate volunteers for specific needs as they arise
- Bachelor degree in human services, social services or similar degree, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Data entry experience required.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Background in working with diverse populations helpful.
- Experience training and/or working with volunteers helpful
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- High level of initiative
- Exceptional attention to detail, problem solving capabilities and organizational skills required.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and direct the work of others.
Knowledge and understanding of issues and dynamics within domestic violence preferred; but training will be provided.
To apply please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Megan Janes, Office Manager
Christine Ann Domestic Abuse Services
P.O. Box 99
Neenah, WI 54957-0099
Deadline for applications: