Join our team and help transform lives!
The Women’s Community currently has a position available as a Justice Systems Program Legal Advocate.
Job Summary: Full-time position; schedule may vary to include some weekday evenings. Provides advocacy, crisis intervention, support services, legal advocacy, and follow up for domestic and sexual violence victims. Is responsible for assisting with filing restraining orders and acting as liaison with community partners in the criminal justice system.
- Provides advocacy for program clients throughout their involvement in the criminal justice system and mental health/social service system.
- Provides transportation as required by clients.
- Assists clients with filling out paperwork and filing Restraining Orders.
- Is on-call for support calls on a rotating basis with other agency staff.
- Provides advocacy regarding legal, medical, financial, and other areas as needed by clients.
- Provides information and referrals and general program and issue information.