Join our team and help transform lives!
The Women’s Community currently has a position available as a Special Events Assistant.
Job Summary: Part-Time, approximately twenty hours per week, including evening and weekend hours for events and other meetings as needed. Coordinate fundraising events, cultivate and solicit sponsorships for events, and be responsible for recruiting and coordinating special events committee volunteers.
Key Requirements & Qualifications:
- Experience doing event planning
- Experience doing community presentations and public speaking
- Excellent written skills including experience writing marketing or public relations text
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills including experience building and maintaining relationships with a diverse network of individuals and organizations
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize a large volume of tasks
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Ability to manage donor tracking database
The Women’s Community Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.
The Women’s Community Inc. is a United Way Partner Agency.
If you have an email account, please include your email address on your resume, and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your list of approved senders. You will be contacted by email.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume by, Monday, July 22, 2019.
Applications can be mailed, dropped off, or emailed to our Director of Admin:
The Women’s Community, Inc.
3200 Hilltop Ave.
Wausau, WI 54401
Application deadline: July 22, 2019
Sorry, we are no longer accepting applications for this position.