Join our team and help transform lives!
The Women’s Community currently has a position available as a Transitional Living Program Coordinator.
- Plans, manages, coordinates and provides long-term support services for victims of domestic abuse, sexual assault, stalking and human trafficking.
- Serves as primary spokesperson for social justice advocacy and represents the agency on community engagement committees.
- Supervises and supports program staff.
- Assists in grant writing, budget development and monitoring, and long range planning.
Skills and Qualifications
- Understand the dynamics of domestic violence and sexual assault trauma
- Knowledge of advocacy through a social justice lens
- Ability to oversee multiple programmatic goals
- Must be able to work effectively in team setting
- Possess strong desire to provide leadership and facilitate staff development
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and presentations
- Must be versed in Microsoft Office
- Ability to edit and arrange agency newsletter
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Bi-lingual fluency is a plus
Direct Service Provision
- Provides advocacy, crisis intervention, supportive counseling and follow up services to individuals affected by domestic abuse, sexual assault, stalking and human trafficking.
- Rotates after-hours on-call with other agency advocates
- Provides information and referrals, general program and issue information, and program intake and screening and assessment of telephone and walk-in requests for services. Determines client need for financial assistance and consults with program staff and E.D.
- Assists new and on-going clients with locating and maintain affordable housing, income and/or employment.
- Acts as a liaison between client and landlords.
- Assists Executive Director in grant writing. Recommends annual program goals and objectives; supervises and monitors goal attainment.
- Cooperatively with Director of Finance and Executive Director monitors and adheres to budget.
- Serves as agency representative on any community committee dealing with housing, food security, and social justice issues.
Status and benefits:
- Full-time exempt position
- Starting salary range $26-$28/hour equivalent depending on education and experience
- Health Insurance
- Generous vacation and paid sick leave
The Women’s Community Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.
The Women’s Community Inc. is a United Way Partner Agency.
If you have an email account, please include your email address on your resume, and add email@example.com to your list of approved senders. You will be contacted by email.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume by Wednesday, May 31, 2023
to the attention of:
Jake Keneen, The Women’s Community, Inc., 3200 Hilltop Ave., Wausau, WI 54401