Tuesdays & Thursdays, June 6-22, 2023, 10am-12pm
Register to attend the entire web-based training series for an overview and discussion of different aspects of family law – each training builds on the previous session:
- Options Under the Family Code – Understanding the Process (June 6) Topics in this session include Divorce versus Legal Separation, Annulment, Paternity and Paternity Acknowledgment, Cultural Marriage versus Civil Marriage, Language Access, and Assisting a Pro se Client.
- Pleadings – Beginning the Process (June 8) Topics include Summons and Petitions, Temporary Orders, Status Conferences, Hearings, and Judgment versus Order.
- Considerations for Children (June 13) Topics include Mediation, Custody and Placement, GALs, and Act 37.
- Monetary Considerations (June 15) Topics include Child Support, Support, Maintenance, Property Division, and Debt Allocation.
- Trials and Post-judgment (June 20) Topics include Motions to Modify, Contempt, Relocation, and Appeals.
- Systems Change (June 22) The concluding session will discuss opportunities for advocacy, understanding how systems are built and who the players are, how to engage in systems advocacy and co-construct the rules.
Level: While some legal advocacy experience is helpful, the series is beneficial for all experience levels. Each training builds on the previous session.
Cost: This training is free for End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin Program Members (see below). The cost for nonmembers is $300 at registration.
Each End Abuse Program Member that paid their 2023 membership dues received a code that must be entered to waive the registration fee. Members, please be sure you have this code before you begin your registration. To pay your annual membership dues please click here. Contact email@example.com if you need assistance with your membership.