Join Diverse & Resilient advocates for a training on the root causes of anti-Trans violence, its relationship to racism and gender-based violence, and our role in ending anti-Trans violence. In this webinar, participants will be able to:
- define transphobia and locate its roots within white supremacy and colonialism.
- gain understanding of the current socio-political context of anti-Trans violence in the United States.
- name and address the dynamics of power and control that prevent Trans access to care, support, and resources.
This webinar assumes that participants have foundational knowledge of Racism and Inclusive Advocacy for LGBTQ Survivors. Here are a few resources to review before you attend:
Understanding & Affirming LGBTQ Survivors: Inclusive Advocacy for DV Program Staff (2022 Recorded Webinar in LGBTQ Webinar Series)
Dismantling Racism & White Supremacy
- The Urgency of Intersectionality (Dr. Kimberle Crenshaw, TED Talk, 18 minutes)
- Dismantling Racism Works: Racism Defined & (Divorcing) White Supremacy Culture (Web content & video links)
- TED Talks to Help You Understand Racism in America (Collection of TED Talks, 5 to 20 minutes)
The series is provided by End Abuse and Diverse and Resilient to support the grant requirements of the Department of Children and Families (DCF) Domestic Abuse Program. The series offers a wonderful opportunity to reflect on organization practices and culture, and to build bridges between existing knowledge and skills and innovative, emerging practices, while also meeting the DCF training requirement. (Learn more about the series and view previous webinars at End Abuse Recorded Trainings.)
There is no fee for this training.