This six-part Restraining Order Series delivers interactive, virtual training that takes an in-depth look at each topic using an advocacy-focused lens. End Abuse’s Legal Services Team developed these trainings based on advocates’ most common questions.
Level: Experienced | This training is designed for advocates who have basic knowledge of and experience assisting victims to obtain restraining orders. Previous participation in and review of Restraining Order Basics materials (available in advance) is recommended, but not required.
Register separately for each session you would like to attend. All sessions are from 10:00–10:45am, and dates + topics are listed below:
- January 7: Take a deeper dive into Domestic Abuse & Harassment restraining orders
- January 21: Take a deeper dive into Child Abuse & Individuals at Risk restraining orders
- February 11: Learn how to e-File restraining orders, including a demonstration and issues that may arise
- February 25: Understand personal service & service by publication
- March 11: Intersections – learn how other court orders (e.g., family law, criminal, and out-of-state) intersect with restraining orders
- March 25: Participate in small group discussions on complicated situations
See the attached flyer for additional legal trainings taking place between January and June of 2022.