Join our team and help transform lives!
The Women’s Community currently has a position available as an Abuse in Later Life Advocate.
Job Summary: Under the general direction of the Executive Director, plans, manages, coordinates and provides services for victims of domestic and sexual violence over 50 years of age. Serves as primary spokesperson on violence in later life issues and represents agency on community task forces. Assists in grant writing, budget development and monitoring, and long range planning.
Direct Service Provision
- Provides advocacy, crisis intervention, supportive counseling and follow up services to individuals affected by violence in later life.
- Provides advocacy for program clients throughout their involvement in the criminal justice system and mental health/social service systems.
- Facilitates weekly support group.
- Provides transportation as required by client.
- Assists clients with filling out paperwork and filing Restraining Orders.
- Is on-call for support calls on a rotating basis with other agency staff.
- Provides advocacy regarding legal, medical, financial and other areas as required by client.
- Determines clients need for financial assistance through Elder Abuse Funds (when available).
- Provides information and referrals, general program and issue information, and program intake screening and assessment of telephone and walk-in requests for services.
Outreach, Community Education, In-Service Training
- Serves as primary agency spokesperson for violence in later life issues.
- Coordinates and conducts community education presentations as requested.
- Coordinates and conducts in-service training for area professionals.
- Coordinates and plans all program advertising and promotion.
Must possess desire to work with older adults and ability to provide non-judgmental services.
Must be familiar with the dynamics of domestic abuse and sexual assault.
Bi-lingual fluency is a plus.
The Women’s Community Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.
The Women’s Community Inc. is a United Way Partner Agency.
If you have an email account, please include your email address on your resume, and add email@example.com to your list of approved senders. You will be contacted by email.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume by September 19, 2019
to the attention of:
Jake Keneen, The Women’s Community, Inc., 3200 Hilltop Ave., Wausau, WI 54401