Administrative & Operations Assistant
Application deadline: March 4, 2019
Employer: End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the Administrative & Operations Assistant is a full-time non-exempt position. This position will be responsible for supporting a wide variety of activities for a busy, non-profit office and must possess excellent written and oral communication skills. The Administrative Assistant must have the ability to work under deadlines, in a team environment, and with minimal supervision. This position will provide up to 20 hours per week of administrative support to the National Clearinghouse on Abuse in Later Life (NCALL), a national project of END ABUSE. Extensive software skills and sensitivity to confidential matters are required.
Administrative and Operations Support:
- Provide End Abuse Board support including, but not limited to: assistance with board meeting materials preparation, elections, correspondence, and meeting space needs.
- Maintain office equipment and relationships with appropriate vendors.
- Maintain (track, order, distribute) office and kitchen supplies
- Train/support staff on use of office equipment.
- Answer incoming calls and direct them to appropriate staff.
- Greet and announce visitors.
- Open and distribute daily mail into staff mailboxes.
- Stamp and record all incoming receipts and checks.
- Check main office voice mail and distribute messages
- Review End Abuse email inbox and forward technical assistance messages and items of interest.
- Maintain front of office in neat and orderly fashion.
End Abuse Administrative Support and Assistance:
- Assist with END ABUSE website and social media updates.
- Assist with copying and assembling of materials for mailings and trainings.
- Make listserv updates as necessary (Directors/Networking).
- Arrange for space, food and hotel accommodations for staff development, board and office meetings.
- Assist Director of Development with administrative tasks, as requested.
- Assist Finance Department with administrative tasks, as requested.
National Clearinghouse on Abuse in Later Life (NCALL) Administrative Support:
- Assist NCALL staff in preparing for grant-related events, site visits and trainings, including collecting registration and event evaluation information, preparing, reviewing, printing, copying, and shipping event-related materials, scheduling event-related conference calls, webinars, and event meetings, arranging staff and consultant travel and lodging, and supporting event closeout processes.
- Monitor NCALL’s general email inbox and direct technical assistance requests to appropriate NCALL staff.
- Assist with updating and maintaining various NCALL administrative files.
- Complete and submit technical assistance data, timesheets, expense reports, and other documents in a timely manner.
- Assist with NCALL’s Outlook contact list, NCALL’s database, and video library management.
Assist NCALL Director and Associate Director with administrative tasks as requested
This role requires leadership in the development and maintenance of systems and processes that help keep the organization running smoothly. It requires the ability to think beyond the day-to-day, and to propose solutions that will allow End Abuse to improve services to members. It also provides the opportunity to enhance the online resources we provide advocates across the state of Wisconsin.
This position relies heavily on the implementation of various forms of technology in order to be successful:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Outlook and Excel;
- Familiar with and proficient in the use of social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter;
- Ability/desire to learn website management, Client Relations Management (CRM) platforms, video conferencing platforms such as Zoom or Skype and database management/entry/report generation;
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and multitask with excellent time management;
- Reliable, professional and able to maintain confidentiality;
- Self-motivated, strong initiative and a quick learner;
- Detail-oriented and ability to proofread documents carefully;
- Comfortable working independently and on a team;
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written;
- Ability to remain flexible and adaptable;
- Excellent organizational skills, and ability to manage concurrent projects;
- Any additional languages a plus!
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Work is primarily performed in an office setting and requires the ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 30 to 50 pounds of office and kitchen supplies on occasion.
- The person in this position must be able to exchange accurate information over the telephone and/or online via Skype or some other application.
It is the responsibility of every END ABUSE employee to uphold the mission and vision of this agency. END ABUSE works to advance the principle that all people have the right to a life free of oppression and violence. We work to foster change in our economic, social and political systems and bring leadership expertise and best practices to Wisconsin domestic abuse programs and communities engaged in ending domestic violence.
It is also an expectation that on the individual level all staff members will work to further their personal capacity to foster an environment of cultural inclusivity and sensitivity that is the foundation for all our work.
The Administrative Assistant must respond to changing needs and priorities; sort through the clutter and identify the best route, and be driven by the sense of accomplishment that comes from completing a wide variety of tasks in an efficient and effective manner.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of duties and levels of work difficulty that will be required and should not be construed as specifying or defining all the duties and responsibilities of a particular position.
This is a non-exempt position. The salary range for this position is $18-$20 an hour based on experience. Benefits include health insurance, dental, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, employee assistance program, and paid vacation, holidays and sick leave.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit a complete application package including:
To be considered for this position, you must submit a complete application package with all items listed above.
Send your complete application package by mail, email or fax to:
End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin
1245 E Washington Ave., Suite 150
Madison, WI 53703
For full consideration, please apply by March 4, 2019
End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to arrest or conviction, race color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability or veteran status. We encourage applications with disabilities who may need accommodations in the application process to contact the Operations Manager, Angie Trudell Vasquez at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 608-255-0539 x 303.
Application deadline: March 4, 2019
Sorry, we are no longer accepting applications for this position.