The Associate Director supervises the majority of FRIENDS staff including the recruitment, training, and management of staff. Supervision of staff who manage a 24/7 crisis facility will require off-hour on-call response. The AD aids in community connections between FRIENDS staff, community partners, and county committees. The AD leads the non-fiscal components of the grant reporting process and may assist with the submission of grant applications. The AD provides leadership in the absence of the Executive Director
· Provides trauma-informed care practices into service provision for all clients.
· Provides supervision to the Legal Advocate, FL Attorney, Children’s Therapist, SA Advocate, TLP/DV Advocate, Shelter Manager, and Shelter Advocate, including recruitment and on-boarding, supervisory updates, 90 day/annual reviews, annual training requirements, and disciplinary actions.
· Responds to staff concerns in emergency situation or critical client need; this may occur 24/7 and will typically be handled through a phone call.
· Ensure staff participate in continuing education; assist with providing statewide and local options and maintains annual tracking document of all staff trainings. Works with ED to plan education training during All Staff Meetings as well.
· Coordinates annual to bi-annual activities that support effects of secondary trauma and team building in partnership with ED.
· Manages the Internship program including the recruitment and supervision of all interns.
· Assume lead role in absence of Executive Director.
· Assists with grant writing including submitting monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports (narrative and statistical components)
· Provides guidance to Shelter Manager and Advocate on the completion of monthly and quarterly reports such as HUD compliance reporting, Outcome tracking, and Statewide/national census.
· Assumes lead role as administrative expert with assistance from Executive Director.
· Actively participates on community committees.
· Assists Executive Director in maintaining the agency HR and Operations manuals.
· With support of ED develops and maintains accurate on-boarding education materials.
· Attends monthly all staff meeting, bi-weekly coordinator meetings, and weekly updates with Executive Director.
· Answers crisis line, provides referrals, and completes database entry
· Supports and attends all FRIENDS special events and functions including internal committees.
· Represents FRIENDS in a positive manner.
· Other duties as assigned.