Accounts Payable and Receivable
Perform the day-to-day processing of accounts payable transactions to ensure that END ABUSE finances are maintained in an effective, up to date, and accurate manner.
- Receive and verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services.
- Verify that transactions comply with END ABUSE financial policies and procedures, and troubleshoot as needed.
- Prepare coding of invoices for Director of Finance and Administration for approval and data entry.
- Enter invoices for payment into accounting system.
- Manage the weekly check run as designated by the Director of Finance and Administration.
- Monitor sub-grantees billings against budgeted amounts.
- Monitor legal funds granted to outside attorneys.
- Calculate 1099’s at year-end.
- Track vendor W-9 forms.
- Manage online payments to vendors.
- Process and track receivables as they relate to grant income, program income, event registrations, and donations.
- Research and process deposits and cash receipts into the accounting software.
- Reconcile END ABUSE training events’ paid registrations versus unpaid registrations due to END ABUSE.
- Invoice outside vendors as necessary for fees due to END ABUSE for outside engagements completed by END ABUSE staff.
- Manage credit card reconciliations.
Complete payroll functions in order to ensure that staff are paid in an accurate and timely manner.
- Calculate salaries and benefits.
- Process bi-weekly payroll within payroll system.
- Manage time and labor management software.
- Review approved staff timesheets for accuracy and completeness.
- Process timesheet reports for allocation of grant funds.
- Filing, organizing, data entry, and any other duties as assigned.
The salary range for this position is $47,500-53,500 a year. Benefits include health insurance, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, employee assistance program, and paid vacation, holidays and sick leave.
- Four-year Accounting degree.
- 2+ years of accounting experience.
- 1+ years of payroll experience.
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written.
- Comfortable with office technology such as copiers, faxes, postage machines, etc.
- Highly proficient in the use of MS Excel, Word, and Outlook; ability to learn and utilize additional forms of technology preferred.
- Able to work efficiently under deadlines.
- Aptitude for complexity and flexibility.
- Must be detail oriented, extremely organized and dependable.
- Team player.
- Able to handle sensitive situations that require a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Work is primarily performed in an office setting and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, fax machines and filing cabinets.
- Occasionally requires the ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time and to move about the space.
- Requires the ability to adjust vision and focus to review documents and spreadsheets.
- Excel, Word, and Outlook Expertise
- Experience with Great Plains Accounting Software.
- Non-profit accounting experience.
- Any foreign language skills a plus!
This position provides the opportunity to create streamlined processes that help the END ABUSE finance and admin team be as efficient as possible. It also provides the opportunity to assist programs through the sharing of knowledge on administrative issues.
It is the responsibility of every END ABUSE employee to uphold the mission and vision of this agency. END ABUSE works to advance the principle that all people have the right to a life free of oppression and violence. We work to foster change in our economic, social and political systems and bring leadership expertise and best practices to Wisconsin domestic abuse programs and communities engaged in ending domestic violence.
It is also an expectation that on the individual level all staff members will work to further their personal capacity to foster an environment of cultural inclusivity and sensitivity that is the foundation for all our work.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of duties and levels of work difficulty that will be required and should not be construed as specifying or defining all the duties and responsibilities of a particular position.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit a complete application package including:
- A current resume;
- A one-page cover letter;
- A one-page, double-spaced essay describing your understanding of domestic abuse;
- The End Abuse employment application form (signed):
To be considered for this position, you must submit a complete application package with all items listed above.
Send your complete application package by mail, email or fax to:
End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin
1245 E. Washington Ave., Suite 150
Madison, WI 53703
For full consideration, please apply ASAP as interviews will begin immediately on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to arrest or conviction, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability or veteran status. We encourage applicants with disabilities who may need accommodations in the application process to contact the Operations Manager, Angie Trudell Vasquez, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 608-255-0539 x 303.
Application deadline: July 19, 2019
Sorry, we are no longer accepting applications for this position.