Bilingual Community Services Advocate
Provide direct services to victims of domestic violence who are utilizing our services. Provide clients with face to face support, personalized safety planning and information regarding community resources.
Domestic Abuse Intervention Services (DAIS) empowers those affected by domestic violence and advocates for social change through support, education, and outreach. DAIS envisions a nonviolent community that actively promotes safety, peace, justice, and hope.
About the Position:
- Meet with victims of domestic violence and support them through safety planning
- Provide clients with community resource information
- Provide trauma-informed direct services to victims of domestic violence and their children utilizing the community response and crisis intervention service programs, including support, advocacy, crisis intervention, safety planning, parenting support, information, and referrals.
- Provide in-person support to clients through the Community Response program. Services are provided in-person on a scheduled and walk-in basis, as well as over the phone
- Provide support to victims first accessing DAIS services through the DAIS Help Line, Texting Help Line, and through Law Enforcement Advocate Partnership (LEAP) referrals
- Facilitate support groups on a back-up basis
- Collaborate effectively with community partners to coordinate services for DAIS clients.
- Provide clients with information about their rights as victims of crime and crime victim compensation information.
Why Should You Apply?
- Help victims change their lives and the lives of their children
- Help make a difference in our community by empowering those affected by domestic violence
- Generous benefits and paid time off
Who are we looking for?
- A four-year college / university degree is preferred, though relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Bilingual fluency (English & Spanish) is required
- Experience working with victims of trauma and their children is strongly preferred
- A willingness to become familiar with and utilize community resources to benefit clients
- Experience working with individuals from a diverse background
How to Apply:
- Submit the following 3 things:
- Cover Letter – tell us a little about yourself
- Resume – tell us what you’ve done in the past
- Application and complete job description can be found on our website