Crisis Advocate Essential Functions:
• Provides trauma-informed care practices into service provision for all clients
• Answers crisis line, provides referrals, and completes database entry
• Complete intake and discharge paperwork with shelter residents.
• Provides advocacy to clients and offers support to their case plan.
• Maintain accurate database records for all hotline call and client interactions. May also
include data from weekday shifts
• Supports case management plan by offering advocacy and resources, and acts as a mentor
to families in shelter with everyday life skills. (Ex. parenting, nutrition, daily routine,
cleaning, organizing, etc…)
• Facilitate evening house meetings on Wednesday and Sunday
• Complete security walk and checklist every shift
• Supports the shelter environment by assisting with general household organization and
cleaning. Including; stores and organizes donated items, cleans spaces and stocks
supplies throughout facility (shelter, restrooms, storage areas and general office area)
• Complete Daily Shift assignments which could include clerical projects, mailings,
• Provide verbal update to Supervisor or Advocate in Supervisor’s absence at the end of
• Attends monthly all staff meeting, monthly shelter team meeting, and updates with
• Supports and attends all FRIENDS special events and functions.
• Represents FRIENDS in a positive manner.
• Other duties as assigned.
Position is primarily 3rd shift. 8pm – 8am and requires overnight, weekend, and holiday hours.
Shifts are awake – no sleeping is permitted – and only one staff is present during shifts.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
· Requires high school diploma or HSED.
· Willing to train. Prefer knowledge of domestic violence, sexual assault, crisis intervention, and
the trauma-informed service provision framework.
· Excellent communication skills; cultural competence and the ability to interact with diverse
populations. Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
· Strong self-motivation and organizational skills to manage a variety of diversified tasks in a
· Ability to work flexible hours.
The following initial application materials are needed for consideration:
- Cover letter
- Indicate which level you are applying for: Full time, Part time, Fill-In (on-call/as needed)
Incomplete applications, or applications submitted without a cover letter and resume will NOT be considered.
Completed applications may be submitted to https://www.indeed.com -OR_ via email to: email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until this position has been filled or the application deadline has passed.
Application deadline: February 28, 2022
Sorry, we are no longer accepting applications for this position.