Crisis Intervention Coordinator
Domestic Abuse Intervention Services (DAIS)
$40-45K based on experience & qualification + benefits*
Are you an empathetic and supportive leader? Do you remain calm when others are in crisis? In addition to providing leadership, training and support to our Crisis Intervention staff and volunteers, you will support survivors, their friends and families as they begin their healing journey. Our Crisis Intervention team often serves as the gateway to our services providing the first point of contact for many of our clients. You will connect with our clients through our 24/7 helpline, in person as a walk-in client or as a referral through our law enforcement referral program. The first step is often the most difficult and you can ease that by reducing their isolation and letting them know they are not alone. Be an anchor during their storm and apply today. Please see our website for more information. https://abuseintervention.org/jobs/
*Benefit package includes:
• Generous PTO accrual (20 hours/month, increases after year two)
• 10 paid holidays/year
• DAIS pays 80% of health & dental insurance premiums
• Vision insurance
• Flexible Spending Account
• Life & Accidental Death Insurance
• Short-term & Long-term Disability plans
• Employee Assistance Program (free legal, financial & work-life services)
• 401(k) plan
• Investments in Professional Development & Training
• Flexible work environment based on job duties including blended/hybrid remote work options
Domestic Abuse Intervention Services (DAIS) empowers those affected by domestic violence and advocates for social change through support, education, and outreach. DAIS envisions a nonviolent community that actively promotes safety, peace, justice, and hope.
• Provide trauma-informed direct services to those affected by domestic violence
• Provide leadership, coaching, supervision and support to staff and volunteers
• Ensure continuous coverage for crisis intervention programs during all shifts
• Collaborate across program areas to provide effective and responsive 24/7 crisis intervention services
• Identify, cultivate & steward partnerships with external groups (e.g. law enforcement) to enhance service delivery.
There’s no such thing as a perfect candidate. You don’t need 100% of the preferred qualifications to add incredible value to our team. Our clients come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you’re passionate about what you could accomplish here, and you meet the minimum requirements of the position, we’d love to hear from you. Persons of color and LGBTQIA+ individuals are encouraged to apply, as the strength of our team stems from our diversity. DAIS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
• Minimum of three years of experience providing supervision and support to staff, volunteers and/or student interns.
• Experience working with victims of trauma and their children
• Proven track record in program coordination and knowledge of community resources in Dane County
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Valid driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance with access to vehicle during work hours
• A four-year college or university degree is preferred though relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
• Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/Hmong preferred)
How to apply:
• Submit the following 3 things:
✓ Cover letter – tell us a little about yourself
✓ Resume – tell us what you’ve done in the past
✓ DAIS Application for Employment – found on our website https://abuseintervention.org/jobs/
• Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
• Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
• Complete applications may be submitted:
▪ Via email as an attachment to: email@example.com
▪ Via our website: https://abuseintervention.org/jobs/
▪ Via fax or US Mail (address & fax number available on website)
Application deadline: November 30, 2022
Sorry, we are no longer accepting applications for this position.