Application deadline: February 15, 2022
Employer: DAIS - Domestic Abuse Intervention Services
Location: 2102 Fordem Avenue, Madison, WI
If you enjoy cultivating relationships, raising money, stewarding donors and planning events, the Development Manager might be just the position for you. We are seeking a Development Manager to generate community interest and support for our work in supporting those affected by domestic violence, coordinate community events, and manage development data. If this sounds interesting to you, we’d like to learn more about you. See our website for more information!
Position Opening: Development Manager
Salary range: $47,500 to $50,000 depending on qualifications plus benefit package which includes the following:
Generous PTO accrual • Health, dental & vision insurance options • Flexible Spending Account • 401(k) plan
Life & Accidental Death Insurance • Short-term & Long-term Disability plans • Employee Assistance Program
DAIS is seeking a Development Manager to join our team. The Development Manager works with the Director of Development and Communications to set and achieve development program goals in alignment with organizational direction. Responsibilities include developing and maintaining donor relations, identifying and communicating donation needs, ensuring proper tracking of donations and timely donor recognition, community outreach and staff and volunteer management. Some evenings and weekends required.
Domestic Abuse Intervention Services (DAIS) empowers those affected by domestic violence and advocates for social change through support, education, and outreach. DAIS envisions a nonviolent community that actively promotes safety, peace, justice, and hope.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Donor Relations
o Serve as an early point of contact for donors and prospective donors
o Assist in management of major donor relationships, track donors and giving levels/benefits, and provide input
on major donor strategy and direction
• Supervise staff, and volunteers as assigned, and fosters a productive work environment
o Manage execution of development goals
o Develop and lead team practices that promote DAIS’ Culture of Philanthropy
o Provide oversight, direction, coaching and supervision to direct reports to ensure clarity in expectations and
• Advance the work of the agency in a manner consistent with the organization’s values.
o Adhere to agency policies and work rules
o Promote an atmosphere of extraordinary customer service.
• Bachelor’s degree is preferred, though relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• A minimum of four years of progressive development and fundraising experience in a nonprofit setting is required
• Experience with successful donor identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship is strongly preferred.
• Experience supervising and managing staff and volunteers is strongly preferred
• Experience with database management is preferred
• Experience with grant writing is preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and an attention to detail is required.
• Excellent computer skills including knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office is preferred.
There’s no such thing as a perfect candidate. You don’t need 100% of the preferred qualifications to add incredible value to our team. Our clients come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you’re passionate about what you could accomplish here, and you meet the minimum requirements of the position, we’d love to hear from you.
The following application materials will be needed for consideration:
• Cover letter
• DAIS Application for Employment (can be downloaded from the DAIS website: https://abuseintervention.org/get-involved/jobs/ )
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Interested individual applicants only. DAIS prefers not to be contacted by third party staffing agencies.
Applications submitted without a cover letter and resume will NOT be considered.
Completed applications may be submitted via email as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by U.S. Mail to: DAIS, Attn: Human Resources, 2102 Fordem Ave. Madison, WI 53704.
Persons of color and LGBTQIA+ individuals are encouraged to apply, as the strength of our team stems from our diversity.
DAIS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Application deadline: February 15, 2022
To apply, please follow the instructions in the posting above.