Position Title: Development Manager
Full-time; competitive salary and benefits
*Full time (40 hours per week)
*Benefits include: health insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, voluntary dental, group life insurance, retirement
The Development Manager works in collaboration with the Executive Director, key staff members and the Board of Directors to grow and sustain the financial resources necessary to support agency programs and services. This position will lead and coordinate the agency’s fundraising and development efforts.
This includes researching, cultivating, tracking potential donors and other funding opportunities. Building community awareness and support by securing and managing donor relationships, gifts, and fundraising efforts. Following is a summary of the position.
• Establish and cultivate relationships throughout the service area with businesses, donors, community leaders and United Ways.
• Work to strengthen annual giving and planned giving efforts to establish long-term financial stability for the organization.
• Track all activities related to donors and giving to the organization.
• Monitor event planning to meet fundraising goals and raise community awareness.
• Pursue, apply for, write and produce grant proposals and grant reports.
• Collaborate with Marketing and Event Coordinator to produce annual report and other outbound marketing pieces.
• Present to community groups and donors about Harbor House programs and fundraising opportunities.
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and organizational skills.
• Very strong writing, editing skills and attention to detail.
• Possess a working knowledge of giving and charitable vehicles.
• Proven ability to relate and build relationships with all levels of community members.
• Successful record of accomplishment and/or aptitude to be proactive, focused and self- motivated in order to meet and exceed funding goals.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multifaceted demands.
• Results-orientated and a passion for creativity.
• Flexibility to attend occasional evening and/or weekend meetings and/or events.
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft 365 applications.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Experience in grant writing, planned giving, endowments and knowledge of potential funding sources for non-profits.
• Organizational skills and ability to help in plan and execute fundraising events.
• Demonstrated experience with donor databases (Salesforce).
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, English, Communications, Public Relations or other related field is preferred.
Send resume and cover letter by to Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31, 2019.
**Harbor House Domestic Abuse Programs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Harbor House Domestic Abuse Programs will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. **
Application deadline: August 16, 2019
Sorry, we are no longer accepting applications for this position.