• A Bachelor’s degree is preferred though relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Minimum of five years of management experience with supervision of a cross-functional team required.
• Minimum of five years of fund development experience, with a proven track record of success in major gifts.
• Dedication to advancing the mission and programs of the agency.
• Experience writing annual reports, opinion pieces, appeals, thank you letters, and copy for promotional materials.
• Ability to work effectively with diverse populations, individually, and as part of a team.
• Ability to maintain highly confidential information.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with a results-oriented work ethic.
• Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Summary of Duties & Responsibilities:
• Resource Development & Advancement
o Self-direct and cultivate connections that generate resources both in the immediate and over time
o Develop and implement strategies to build partnerships that contribute to the organization’s mission
o Conceptualize new strategic initiatives and drive operational plans to advance a culture of philanthropy
o Diversify the organization’s revenue streams and collaborative relationships to expand impact
• Management & Supervision
o Attend to recruitment, onboarding, and performance management of professional staff
o Provide leadership, coaching, supervision, and support to staff
o Provide oversight for contracts with outside vendors related to the work of the department
o Monitor organizational performance indicators and ensure departmental tracking of performance
• Communication & Outreach
o Uphold systems and procedures to support advancement through partnerships and messaging
o Steward the DAIS brand, framing audience-appropriate messaging, and providing approval for materials
o Ensure appropriate messaging and values-driven development of materials reflecting the agency
o Serve as spokesperson for the agency and prepare others to represent it
• Other duties as assigned.