End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin has been collecting information on domestic violence homicides that have occurred in Wisconsin since the year 2000. All published reports can be found here: www.endabusewi.org/resources.
We are looking to hire an independent consultant to take the lead on conducting an analysis of our 20 years of homicide data and be the main author of the 2019 Wisconsin Domestic Violence Homicide Report, to be released in September 2020.
Scope of Work
Homicide Report Research and Development
- Gather media coverage, request criminal complaints and/or police reports, review uniform crime report data, and other information needed to develop a comprehensive overview of each domestic violence-related homicide that occurred in 2019.
- Enter basic homicide case data into an existing Microsoft Access database.
- Run data queries to create homicide report graphs and tables.
- Consult with End Abuse staff and past homicide reports to determine relevant topics to highlight in the 2019 Wisconsin Domestic Violence Homicide Report.
Homicide Report Requirements
- Numerical data tables and graphs, like the Executive Summary, Key Findings, and case demographic tables found in the beginning of previously published reports.
- 2019 domestic violence homicide case narratives (synopsis of circumstances surrounding each case).
- A specific section that looks more closely at data themes over our 20 years of collecting DV homicide information.
- A visually appealing layout created with consultant’s choice of software or program. We recommend Adobe Creative Suite.
Additional Project Specifics
Expected Pay, Project Timeline, and Consultation
- The total compensation for this project will be $10,000. The project period will be approximately 6 months, beginning on or around February 17, 2020 and concluding at the end of August. The proposed payment schedule over a six-month project period will be as follows:
- Month 1 – $2,000
- Month 2 – $1,000
- Month 3 – $1,000
- Month 4 – $1,000
- Month 5 – $2,000
- Month 6 – $3,000
- We estimate the project will take approximately 200 hours to complete.
- The final 2019 Wisconsin Domestic Violence Homicide Report must be complete by mid-September 2020. A completed draft is expected to be sent to identified report editors by early August 2020.
- Consultation with End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin’s Homicide Prevention Program Team is required throughout the project duration. We have an expectation that project progress will be shared with End Abuse at regular intervals.
- Further details with be negotiated and specified in the mutually agreed upon independent contractor agreement.
- Experience working with non-profit organizations, and/or leading social science research projects.
- Experience developing content and layouts for educational, social justice-related publications.
- Experience with Microsoft Access and Adobe Creative Suite.
- All interested candidates must submit a resume, a list of three references, a relevant sample of their work, and a cover letter describing their qualifications and interest in this project. Applications that are missing any of the materials listed above will not be considered.
- Send all materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Materials must be received by 4:30PM on Tuesday, February 4th for full consideration.
Proposal Evaluation and Contract Award Process
- Proposals will be evaluated by the End Abuse Homicide Prevention Program Director, Homicide Prevention Program Coordinator, and other End Abuse staff members with experience in graphic and publication content design.
- The most qualified applicants will be notified by Friday, February 7, 2020.
- In-person or Skype interviews will be scheduled for the following week.
- Once a candidate has been selected, the candidate will work with the End Abuse Homicide Prevention Team and Operations Manager to develop a mutually agreed upon independent contractor agreement.
- Prospective project start date: February 17, 2020
Point of Contact
Please direct questions about your application or the project to Angie Trudell Vasquez, Operations Manager at email@example.com, or 608-255-0539 x 303.