Position Summary: Provide financial and operational services and oversight for the agency. The Financial & Operations Manager is responsible for:
• Financial/grant management and administrative record keeping of financial documents.
• All aspects of payroll and benefits administration and human resources related to payroll and
• Serving as lead contact person for all vendor contracts related to IT, equipment and services
needs of the agency and staff.
• Keep and manage accurate records of all financial transactions in accordance with Friends Inc.
financial policies and procedures.
• Perform accounting functions including monitoring and reconciling all accounting ledgers;
processing payroll and invoice payments, maintaining and balancing receipts, deposits, bank
statements, petty cash and other special accounts.
• Maintain schedule of grant financial and administrative reporting and reimbursement
requirements; complete reports and reimbursement requests to funders, at direction of ED.
• Manage optional aspects of grants, ensuring compliance and special conditions are met;
contracts are signed, submitted and followed; and all reports are completed and submitted on
• Maintain a system to track grant expenditures and receivables.
• Assist ED and relevant committees with fundraising events and activities.
• Develop and maintain a system of donor contacts/communication to include recording
donations and sending thank you notes in a timely fashion.
• Responsible for human resource activities.
• Obtain annual benefits contract including health, vision, dental, disability, and EAP.
• Maintain, schedule and assume lead contact role for service contracts, and projects for all IT,
office equipment, security system, telephone system and computer network. Keep records of
equipment purchases, service contracts, and service providers.
• Attend monthly all staff meeting, bi-weekly coordinator meetings, and weekly updates with ED
• Supports and attends all FRIENDS special events and functions including internal committees
such as social media.
Salary range: $48,000 – $53,000 plus benefits
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field. (Note: Associate degree with
significant years of experience may be considered.)
• Minimum 2 years’ relevant work experience, including accounting/finance
• Non-Profit and Grant reporting experience; federal grant experience preferred
• High degree of computer literacy (Windows, Word, Outlook, Advanced Excel and Quickbooks
• Strong self-motivation and organizational skills to manage a variety of diversified tasks in a
• Excellent communication skills; cultural competence and ability to interact with diverse
• Ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality.
• Maintain a high degree of professionalism with sound judgement.
• Ability to work well in a team or independent environment.
• Ability to work flexible hours.
• Valid Driver’s license.
The following application materials are needed for consideration:
- Cover letter
Applications may be submitted via either of these options:
Submit resume & cover letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until this position has been filled or the application deadline has passed.
Application deadline: September 30, 2022
Sorry, we are no longer accepting applications for this position.