Grant Compliance and Financial Management
- Assist the Finance team with grant management and provide additional support when needed.
- Administer End Abuse’s sub-recipient monitoring protocols for the Department of Children and Families’ Prevention Grant sub-grantees, including management of contracts, award letters, billing templates, budget modifications, monitoring financial reporting and conducting site visits in collaboration with the Director of Prevention and Outreach.
- Provide grant-related technical assistance to DCF Prevention Grant sub-grantees as needed.
- Analyze grant report data and write report narratives.
- Produce grant reports for state and federal government funders and private funders when needed.
- Provide leadership to End Abuse staff related to data tracking based on current funding stream requirements.
- Work with technology team to provide continuous improvement in End Abuse impact/outcomes data collection systems.
- Organize grant application materials and assist with writing, editing and organizing grant applications.
- Maintain required organizational System for Award Management annual registration and other registrations or documentation as needed.
- File grant adjustment requests as needed.
This role requires leadership in the development and maintenance of systems and processes that help keep the organization running smoothly. It requires the ability to think beyond the day-to-day, and to propose solutions that will allow End Abuse to continuously improve services to members. It also provides the opportunity to enhance our management of multiple grants across numerous funding streams. This position is uniquely positioned to support the critical functions of the organization. Confidentiality and attention to detail are required of anyone in this role.
- Must be reliable, professional and maintain confidentiality;
- Self-motivated, strong initiative and a quick learner;
- Detail-oriented with the ability to proofread documents and emails carefully;
- Ability to work on a deadline and produce high quality, accurate results;
- Comfortable working independently, and on a team;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to remain flexible and adaptable;
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage concurrent projects;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, Outlook and Word;
- 2+ years of experience in finance, accounting or budget management helpful;
- Data entry and data management software experience
- Comfort and experience using different forms of technology and software
- Experience in grant writing and reporting
- Experience with data management and analysis;
- Experience with government grant compliance;
- Familiarity with SharePoint and Office365;
- Any foreign language skills a plus!
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Work performed in an office setting or at a training requires the ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to travel across the state requires a valid driver’s license, and proof of automobile insurance, which must be current and on file at all times.
- Ability to lift office supplies and materials on occasion for trainings less than 50 pounds.
- The person in this position must be able to exchange accurate information over the telephone and/or online via Skype or some other application.
This is an exempt position. The salary range for this position $47,500 to $52,000 a year based on experience. Benefits include health insurance, dental, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, employee assistance program, and paid vacation, holidays and sick leave. Generous PTO, and a 401K program after three months of continuous employment.
It is the responsibility of every End Abuse employee to uphold the mission and vision of this agency. End Abuse works to advance the principle that all people have the right to a life free of oppression and violence. We work to foster change in our economic, social and political systems and bring leadership expertise and best practices to Wisconsin domestic abuse programs and communities engaged in ending domestic violence.
It is also an expectation that on the individual level all staff members will work to further their personal capacity to foster an environment of cultural inclusivity and sensitivity that is the foundation for all our work.
The Grants Coordinator must respond to changing needs and priorities; sort through the clutter and identify the best route, and be driven by the sense of accomplishment that comes from completing a wide variety of tasks in an efficient and effective manner.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of duties and levels of work difficulty that will be required and should not be construed as specifying or defining all the duties and responsibilities of a particular position.
- A current resume;
- A one-page cover letter;
- A one-page, double-spaced essay describing your understanding of domestic abuse
- The End Abuse employment application form (signed):
To be considered for this position, you must submit a complete application package with all items listed above.
Send your complete application package by mail, or email to:
End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin
1400 E. Washington Ave., Suite 227
Madison, WI 53703
Apply no later than January 3, 2020. We do intend to interview qualified candidates as applications are submitted on a rolling basis.
End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to arrest or conviction, race color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability or veteran status. We encourage applicants with disabilities who may need accommodations in the application process to contact the Operations Manager, Angie Trudell Vasquez at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 608-255-0539 x 303.
Application deadline: January 10, 2020
Sorry, we are no longer accepting applications for this position.