Position Opening – Housing First Program Coordinator
Minimum $40,000 Depending on Qualifications + Benefits *
*Benefit package includes:
• Generous PTO accrual (20 hours/month, increases after year two)
• Ten paid holidays per year
• DAIS pays 80% of health & dental insurance premiums (low deductible and low maximum out of pocket costs)
• Vision insurance
• Flexible Spending Account
• Employer paid Life & Accidental Death Insurance
• Employer paid Short-term & Long-term Disability coverage
• Employee Assistance Program (provides free legal, financial & work-life services)
• 401(k) plan with employer match
• Investments in Professional Development & Training
A safe home – something we all deserve, yet not all have. Play an integral role in planning and implementing our Housing First Initiative at DAIS and work to secure safe homes for our clients. Collaborate with various client service teams within DAIS to assess housing needs for our clients as well as build relationships with community housing providers and landlords. You will also work with the state-wide Housing First Program to help develop new processes to measure the effectiveness of this pilot program. If you are self-motivated with a problem solving attitude, can multi-task, handle crisis appropriately and tolerate ambiguity as these new initiatives are developed and implemented, we want to hear from you!
Domestic Abuse Intervention Services (DAIS) empowers those affected by domestic violence and advocates for social change through support, education, and outreach. DAIS envisions a nonviolent community that actively promotes safety, peace, justice, and hope.
There’s no such thing as a perfect candidate. You don’t need 100% of the preferred qualifications to add incredible value to our team. Our clients come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you’re passionate about what you could accomplish here, and you meet the minimum requirements of the position, we’d love to hear from you. Persons of color and LGBTQIA+ individuals are encouraged to apply, as the strength of our team stems from our diversity. DAIS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
• A four-year college or university degree in social work, human services, or relevant field is preferred though relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• A minimum of two years of experience with program development and coordination.
• Proven ability to understand and explain complex financial and contractual information to clients to assist them in making informed decisions.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills along with attentive listening abilities and a demonstrated ability to work with diverse clients and staff in a welcoming, collaborative, supportive, and culturally competent manner.
• Experience networking, cultivating new partnerships, and stewarding existing relationships in a manner that is mutually beneficial to both entities
• Demonstrated ability to exercise flexibility and creativity in helping clients overcome a variety of barriers to well-being and housing stability.
• Knowledge of both short-term and long-term data collection strategies and experience with data driven decision making.
• Knowledge and understanding of Federal, State, and local fair housing laws, landlord/tenant law, and related regulations.
• Knowledge about the dynamics of intimate partner violence and the impact of trauma required; experience with mobile advocacy and helpline/crisis lines.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
How to apply:
Submit the following 3 things:
- Cover letter – tell us a little about yourself
- Resume – tell us what you’ve done in the past
- DAIS Application for Employment – found on our website https://abuseintervention.org/jobs/
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
Complete applications may be submitted:
- Via email as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via our website: https://abuseintervention.org/jobs/
- Via fax or US Mail (address & fax number available on website
Application deadline: December 30, 2022
Sorry, we are no longer accepting applications for this position.