Join our team and help transform lives!
The Women’s Community currently has two part-time positions available:
Justice Systems Program Visitation Center Client Advocate
Job Summary: Two part-time positions, approximately 14-18 hours each; schedule is mainly every other weekend with some additional weekday hours.
Provides on-site supportive services to victims of domestic abuse during scheduled visits; offering peer counseling, safety planning, review of needs/barriers, domestic abuse information and education.
- Staff the Center during all regularly scheduled hours.
- Collaborate with The Women’s Community and Judicare staff to assist clients and ensure all safety planning, community resource and legal assistance needs are met.
- Arrange advocate communication with victims for on-going supportive services outside of Visitation Program.
- Make client referrals to community resources as needed; facilitate direct communication between service provider and client when possible.
- Facilitate collaborative working relationships with other TWC programs and community partners.
Must have experience with and possess ability relating to children and their parents.
Must possess ability to provide non-judgmental services.
Must be familiar with the dynamics of domestic and sexual abuse on children.
Bi-lingual fluency is a plus.
Additional application instructions
The Women’s Community Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.
The Women’s Community Inc. is a United Way Partner Agency.
If you have an email account, please include your email address on your resume, and email@example.com to your list of approved senders. You will be contacted by email.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume by Tuesday, December 11, 2018
to the attention of:
Jane Graham Jennings
The Women’s Community, Inc.
3200 Hilltop Ave.
Wausau, WI 54401
Application deadline: February 11, 2019
To apply, please follow the instructions in the posting above.