The Maintenance Technician works to ensure the Harbor House Domestic Abuse Programs facility is safe, well-functioning and maintained in the best possible condition.
- Develop and maintain preventive maintenance procedures
- Inspect building, equipment and systems to identify any issues
- Provide general maintenance tasks including minor repairs, landscaping, and carpentry
- Manage heating and plumbing systems to guarantee functionality
- Plan and schedule repairs
- Maintain records of purchases and warranties
- Maintain maintenance log and manual
- Maintain good working relationships with vendors and volunteers
- Work with House Manager to maintain storage areas
- Help maintain maintenance supplies and equipment
- Advanced understanding of general maintenance procedures and techniques
- Working knowledge of tools, common appliances and devices
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task; must be detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to work with volunteers and communicate effectively with others
- Physically capable and available to be on call for facility emergencies
- Effective problem solving skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Cultural competence
- Basic knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office Suite
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years’ experience in a similar role or equivalent in knowledge / experience.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude, team work ability and leadership qualities
Part-time (20 to 25 hours per week); some evening and weekend hours required
Harbor House Domestic Abuse Programs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Harbor House Domestic Abuse Programs will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Harbor House is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates and survivors of domestic violence.
Send resume and cover letter to Search Committee at email@example.com
Application deadline: November 13, 2020
To apply, please follow the instructions in the posting above.