POSITION: Milwaukee Women’s Center Shelter Manager
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
1. Oversee and maintain the emergency shelter by managing: the implementation of its policies and procedures, physical operations, guest services, personnel, volunteers and student interns.
2. Recruit, train, schedule and supervise personnel working in the agency’s Emergency Shelter, and Older Abused Women’s Program; in addition to any student interns or volunteers.
3. manage program staff including training & evaluation and monitor staff performance in relation to meeting contractual goals.
4. Serve as a liaison between emergency shelter staff, Community Advocates, Inc.’s Chief Operating Officer and other individuals in the community. This includes participation in community meetings that focus on homelessness, domestic violence and other issues concerning consumers.
5. Provide community education about domestic violence and CA & MWC programs and services to professionals and at-risk populations.
6. Monitor emergency shelter expenses in partnership with the Chief Operating Officer.
7. Conduct staff meetings with emergency shelter personnel and attend other CA meetings as requested.
8. Prepare accurate and timely performance reports for each program contract.
9. Implement quality assurance processes for the emergency shelter’s database, paperwork and consumer feedback.
10. Provide the Development Department with data needed for proposal writing.
11. Provide case management services to guests residing in emergency shelter, and crisis counseling and information and referral to callers on the 24-hour crisis line.
12. Serve as an ambassador for CA & MWC programs and services.
13. Manage program contract requirements for each funding source.
14. Work with administration to develop programming to address emerging needs in your program area.
15. Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Human Services, Psychology or related field required.
• Knowledge about the cycle and dynamics of domestic abuse and its intersection with substance abuse, mental health and other co-occurring disorders.
• Case Management experience required.
Additional application instructions
Applicants should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Application deadline: January 22, 2019
To apply, please follow the instructions in the posting above.