Operations Assistant – Domestic Abuse Intervention Services (DAIS)
Are you looking for variety in your work day and enjoy tackling new projects? DAIS is hiring an Operations Assistant to support and assist the Operations Manager with a wide range of duties and responsibilities. Primary areas of focus will be coordination and staffing of the 24/7 Shelter Security office, tech set-up and support for staff, equipment safety checks and coordination and support of outside vendors as needed. If you can remain calm in crisis situations and have experience in the areas identified above, we’d love to hear from you. Our clients and staff come from all different backgrounds and the strength of our team stems from our diversity. If you are confident about what you could bring to our team, we’d love to hear from you.
- Regular Part-time or Full-time optional
- Hourly Non-Exempt. Rate of pay between $16.34 to $19.23 per hour, based upon experience and qualifications.
- Full-benefit package which includes excellent medical, dental and vision coverage (DAIS pays 80% of premium, which is approximately $500/month for single coverage. Family plans also available.), life insurance, short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, employee assistance plan, option to participate in a 401(k) plan, 10 paid holidays and very generous paid time off accrual.
The Operations Assistant supports and assists the Operations Manager with a range of operations related responsibilities some of which include:
- Scheduling and supporting staff and volunteers in the 24/7 security office. Assisting in the interview process, onboarding and on-going training. Filling in for open security shifts as needed.
- Providing basic tech support to all staff. Coordinating tech set-up and tech onboarding for new hires.
- Assisting with building safety and security protocol review. Performing routine safety checks. Assisting with Request for Proposals (RFPs), providing direction and support to outside vendors as needed.
Full job description may be reviewed at http://abuseintervention.org/get-involved/jobs/
Apply today to become part of a vibrant team committed to the empowerment of those affected by domestic violence and advocating for social change through support, education, and outreach. DAIS envisions a nonviolent community that actively promotes safety, peace, justice, and hope. We do so through mutual respect, openness, collaboration, and shared responsibility.
- Minimum of three years of experience providing administrative and/or tech support to novice users.
- Strong computer and tech support skills including working knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office required
- Ability to effectively handle crisis situations required.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries required.
- A related degree is preferred but is not required, relevant work experience will be considered.
- Staff scheduling and supervision experience strongly preferred.
- Reception and facility support experience strongly desired, particularly with organizations that involve security and building access protocols.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred.
- Experience handling confidential information and materials preferred.
- Experience working in the human services field strongly preferred.
There’s no such thing as a perfect candidate. You don’t need 100% of the preferred qualifications to add incredible value to our team. Our clients come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you’re passionate about what you could accomplish here, and you meet the minimum requirements of the position, we’d love to hear from you.
Persons of color and LGBTQIA+ individuals are encouraged to apply, as the strength of our team stems from our diversity.
DAIS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
The following application materials are needed for consideration:
- Completed employment application at the bottom of this page
- Cover letter addressed to DAIS Human Resources
Incomplete applications, or applications submitted without a cover letter and resume will NOT be considered.
Completed applications may be submitted via email as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by U.S. Mail to DAIS, Attn: Human Resources, 2102 Fordem Ave., Madison, WI 53704.
Applications will be accepted until this position has been filled or the application deadline has passed.
Application deadline: August 30, 2021
Sorry, we are no longer accepting applications for this position.