Join our team of change-makers and help transform lives impacted by domestic violence and sexual assault.
Do you excel in an environment where you can:
· Provide crisis intervention services included safety planning, supportive counseling and goal planning with individuals and families affected by domestic violence and sexual assault;
· Provide information, support and resources to help individuals make informed choices;
· Respond promptly to hotline calls and contacts through email and social media;
· Collaborate with team members to help individuals achieve safety and self-sufficiency;
· Manage multiple clients and tasks while remaining calm and supportive;
· Connect with diverse people in difficult situations;
· Recognize and appropriately respond to signs of trauma;
· Assist with planning, preparation, and facilitation of support groups for both adults and children;
Hope House of South Central Wisconsin is recruiting qualified candidates for a full-time Outreach Advocate position. High school diploma or equivalent and two years of work experience related to the position is required. (Comprehensive training is provided.) Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality is essential. Experience in a residential facility is strongly preferred. Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred. Dependability is a must.
This position is based in Baraboo, with frequent travel throughout our 5-county service area and to Dane County required. Mileage Reimbursement is available. Starting range is $16 – $22 per hour or commensurate with education and experience. A generous benefit package including health, dental, vision, short and long term disability and life insurance, 401(k) with an employer match, flex account, paid time off (vacation/sick/holidays) and paid training is offered.
This position is full-time (40 hours) and is typically scheduled 8:00 am-4:30 pm. Some evening/weekend work is required for meetings, trainings, speaking engagements and client services. This position participates in the On Call rotation.
Additional application instructions
Please apply by downloading and printing employment application on our website (http://www.hopehousescw.org/career-opportunities.html), and submit completed application, cover letter with wage requirements, current resume, 3 professional references, and a one-page description of your understanding of domestic and sexual violence to:
P.O. Box 557
Baraboo, WI 53913
Or email to HHOffice@hopehousescw.org
Applications will also be accepted in person at our Resource Center, 720 Ash Street, Baraboo, WI 53913.
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled. Interested individual applicants only please, Hope House prefers not to be contacted by third party staffing agencies. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Hope House is an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to individuals with disabilities upon request.
Application deadline: February 22, 2019
Sorry, we are no longer accepting applications for this position.