Position Opening – Prevention Outreach Specialist
$16.00 per hour depending on qualifications
Are you an engaging speaker looking to make a difference in our community? We are looking to for a Prevention Outreach Specialist who will work with a variety of groups throughout Dane County and tailor presentations and workshops that raise awareness around domestic violence issues. If you have effective public speaking skills, and experience planning and co-facilitating workshops, we would like to hear from you! Please see our website for more information. https://abuseintervention.org/jobs/
Summary of Primary Duties (not an all-inclusive list)
- Plans, develops, and conducts CAPE (Community Awareness, Prevention, Education) presentations; conducts skills-based training for professionals
- In collaboration with the Prevention Outreach Coordinator, plans and conducts sessions of DAIS New Advocate Training
- Coordinates, develops, and implements community-based primary prevention programming targeted at the prevention of dating, domestic and sexual violence
- In partnership with school and community partners, coordinates, and facilitates primary prevention programming (MENS Club) with male-identified adolescents ages 13-21
- Tracks performance outcomes for program evaluation and grant reporting purposes
There’s no such thing as a perfect candidate. You don’t need 100% of the preferred qualifications to add incredible value to our team. Our clients come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you’re passionate about what you could accomplish here, and you meet the minimum requirements of the position, we’d love to hear from you. Persons of color and LGBTQIA+ individuals are encouraged to apply, as the strength of our team stems from our diversity. DAIS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
- A four-year college or university degree is preferred though relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Effective public speaking and presentation skills required.
- Experience utilizing multi-media presentation tools required.
- Experience in using virtual platforms such as Zoom required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Experience working with diverse populations strongly preferred.
- Experience in group facilitation with youth strongly preferred.
- Expertise in domestic violence issues strongly preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance & access to a car during work hours
Application deadline: October 15, 2022
To apply, please follow the instructions in the posting above.