Program Services Manager
Application deadline: May 31, 2022
Employer: Wisconsin Rapids Family Center, Inc.
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, WI
The Program Services Manager is responsible for providing direction, leadership, supervision and support to Family Center direct services employees. Position assists in the development and implementation of shelter and non-shelter service provision, oversees policies and procedures for the domestic abuse and sexual assault program. This position supervises primarily direct services staff and is supervised by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience desired
- 2 years’ supervisory or management experience
- Understanding of domestic and sexual abuse dynamics
- Understanding of trauma-informed practices
- Good communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Possess strong team leadership skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Strong ability to be non-judgmental and flexible and ability to work with people from diverse cultural, racial, socio-economic and lifestyle backgrounds
- Dependable, strong work ethic
- Ability to maintain confidential counseling and advocacy relationships
- Good conflict resolution skills
- Ability to handle crisis situations in a fast-paced environment
- Experience writing professional documents, grant reports and/or persuasive materials
- Strong sense of professional ethics and boundaries
- Supervisory skills
Staff Supervision & Management
- Ensures victim services are trauma-informed, survivor driven and victim centered.
- Participates in hiring of direct services employees.
- Provides direct supervision to identified employees performing direct services with survivors.
- Oversees the development of schedule for shelter, Visitation Center services & outreach services.
- Responsible for staff development, which includes conducting initial orientation and arranging for continuing education through in-service training. Tracks staff training, ensuring required trainings and webinars are up to date.
- Arranges regular all-staff and advocate meetings.
- Serve as the LEP Coordinator.
- Respond to client complaints regarding services. Act as first level of appeal in the Client Grievance Process.
- Provides problem solving and mentoring for direct services staff.
- Provide encouragement and recognition for employees to maintain staff morale.
- Evaluate performance and make recommendations for growth and improvement for supervisees. Develop and evaluate progress on employees’ annual workplans.
- Identify emerging survivor/community needs and provide recommendations to the Executive Director.
- Staff the Client Advisory Council, arrange for meetings and recruit participants.
- Assists in the development and implementation of protocols, procedures and policies.
- Ensures adherence to grant terms and conditions pertaining to direct services delivery.
- Provides oversight and maintenance of data collection on services and clients.
- Assists, as requested, in the preparation of grants and grant reports.
- Submit reports as required.
- Assist the Executive Director in program/client-related matters.
- Maintain a professional relationship with clients, staff, volunteers and members of the community.
- Participate in maintaining an efficient and effective physical environment which meets the needs of clients, Family Center staff and the community.
Send your resume and cover letter to:
The Family Center
Attn: Sue Sippel
500 25th Street North
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Application deadline: May 31, 2022
Sorry, we are no longer accepting applications for this position.