About the Position:
- Advocates work directly with our residents and their families.
- Advocates provide emotional support, build community and help connect residents to resources.
- We are looking for Variable Part-Time shelter advocates to staff our residential shelter.
- Available shifts are primarily overnight & weekend hours.
Why Should You Apply?
- Help make a difference in our community and the lives of our residents.
- Help create a community that actively promotes safety, peace, justice & hope.
What our Current Staff Say:
- The greatest joy in my role is hearing that one of our residents is exiting because they have found a home they can call their own!
- I like to listen to our residents, so I can come up with ways to make living in shelter and life after shelter a more liberating experience.
- People should consider applying here if they enjoy working in an environment where we all have a mutual respect for one another.
- An applicant needs to be excited by the prospect of being part of a team that can be life changing to the residents that we serve.
Who are we looking for?
- High school, or equivalent, graduates.
- Prefer two years of experience working with trauma survivors.
- Experience in a residential setting is also preferred.
Domestic Abuse Intervention Services (DAIS) empowers those affected by domestic violence and advocates for social change through support, education, and outreach. DAIS envisions a nonviolent community that actively promotes safety, peace, justice, and hope.
How to Apply:
- Submit the following 3 things:
- Cover Letter – tell us a little about yourself
- Resume – tell us what you’ve done in the past
- Affirmation of Interest
- Affirmation and complete instructions can be found on our website
Application deadline: April 3, 2020
Sorry, we are no longer accepting applications for this position.