• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in social work, human services, criminal justice, or relevant field.
• Minimum of three years of experience managing program resources and supervising staff.
• Experience working in a residential setting with individuals in crisis preferred.
• Experience with trauma survivors required, knowledge of domestic violence issues preferred.
• Excellent problem solving, judgement, communication, and time management skills required.
• Ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups of people and to positively influence change.
• Ability to maintain highly confidential information.
• Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
• Bilingual preferred.
Summary of Duties & Responsibilities:
• Program Delivery & Compliance
o Oversees, coordinates, and manages all shelter functions and activities
o Ensure maintenance of program files, case notes, and related documentation
o Ensure issues within the shelter area are addressed within a timely, direct, and respectful manner
o Prepare reports, recommendations, and analyses to satisfy reporting requirements and planning needs
o Provides direct service to shelter clients and their children
• Management & Supervision
o Attend to recruitment, onboarding, and performance management of staff
o Provide leadership, coaching, supervision, and support to staff and volunteers
o Ensures continuous coverage during all shelter shifts, including on-call responsibilities
• Resource Development & Advancement
o Assists in grant writing to support existing and expanding shelter services
o Conducts program evaluation and monitoring, resulting in recommendations for efficiencies and enhancements
o Attends to overall maintenance and facility repairs, in collaboration with organization-wide operations
o Represents the organization and the program with internal and external constituencies
• Other duties as assigned.