We are looking for a Staff Accountant to manage the basic accounting functions of our agency which serves those affected by domestic violence. Our Staff Accountant will be adaptable and flexible with a problem-solving attitude, as well as have the skills to pay attention to details, maintain appropriate confidentiality and communicate clearly and effectively. If this sounds like you and you have an accounting background with three years of experience performing accounting and business management processes, we’d like to hear from you. See our website for more information!
Pay range is $23.00-$28.00 per hour based on experience and qualifications
Benefits package includes:
• Generous PTO accrual
• DAIS pays 80% of health and dental insurance premiums
• Vison coverage available
• Flexible Spending Account
• Life & Accidental Death Insurance
• Short-term & Long-term Disability plans
• Employee Assistance Program (provides free legal, financial & work-life services)
• 401(k) plan
Domestic Abuse Intervention Services (DAIS) empowers those affected by domestic violence and advocates for social change through support, education, and outreach. DAIS envisions a nonviolent community that actively promotes safety, peace, justice, and hope. Those representing the organization do so through mutual respect, openness, collaboration, and shared responsibility.
Under the direction of the Director of Administration, the Staff Accountant manages basic accounting functions of the agency, including accounts payable, tracking and coding of cash receipts, financial reporting, tracking, billing, and compliance for contracts and regulatory reporting requirements, and participating in audits. In addition, the Staff Accountant completes payroll review and processing. In addition, the staff accountant must be adaptable and flexible, possess a problem- solving attitude, demonstrate respect and responsibility, and an attention to detail, maintain appropriate confidentiality, and communicate clearly and effectively.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Associates degree in accounting, plus a minimum of three years of experience performing a variety of accounting or business management processes and practices involving the use of electronic data processing systems required.
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and practices as well as experience in general ledger/electronic data processing applications required.
• CNAP Certification is a plus but can be obtained after hire.
• Experience with QuickBooks software is a plus.
Interested individual applicants only please, DAIS prefers not to be contacted by third party staffing agencies. The following application materials are needed for consideration:
• Completed employment application – found on our website at https://abuseintervention.org/jobs/
• Cover letter addressed to DAIS Human Resources
Incomplete applications, or applications submitted without a cover letter and resume will NOT be considered.
Completed application materials may be:
- uploaded to our website at: https://abuseintervention.org/jobs/
- sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- sent by U.S. Mail to DAIS, Attn: Human Resources, 2102 Fordem Ave., Madison, WI 53704.
Full job description may be reviewed at http://abuseintervention.org/get-involved/jobs/
Applications will be evaluated as received and accepted until this position has been filled.
DAIS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Persons of color and LGBTQIA+ individuals are encouraged to apply, as the strength of our team stems from our diversity.
Application deadline: June 30, 2022
To apply, please follow the instructions in the posting above.