Technology Support Specialist
Application deadline: March 1, 2019
Employer: End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
END DOMESTIC ABUSE WISCONSIN
Technology Support Specialist
SUMMARY: An effective technology infrastructure is the backbone for many of today’s successful organizations, and for End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin, it provides the basis for providing and reporting on crucial assistance to agencies and shelters all working to end abuse in the state of Wisconsin. With such a big responsibility, we are looking to expand our technology team.
The Technology Support Specialist is a full-time permanent non-exempt position reporting to the Technology Coordinator. We are looking for someone with excellent troubleshooting skills and a passion for working with advocates to find technological solutions to assist with a range of issues currently impacting the field of domestic violence. This person will have the opportunity to work with many of our internal hardware and software systems throughout their lifecycle, and will be a leader in keeping technology solutions moving forward with our mission.
- Research and Implement Innovative Strategies:
- Research and investigate new technology platforms and software.
- Aid in developing and testing new systems before they are implemented widely
- Create documentation on best-practice usage of new technology systems
- Assist with trainings and support when systems are updated or go-live
- Facilitate Meaningful Data Reporting by Providing Support for SQL Database: Osnium for Coalitions is a specialized SQL software for domestic violence coalitions that assists in tracking data for Technical Assistance and reporting
- Provide support to staff regarding proper use of the Osnium for Coalitions database
- Work with Grants Coordinator to manage changing reporting requirements within software
- Maintain up-to-date documentation and manuals for Osnium for Coalitions
- Develop and Provide Technology Support for a Team of Social Policy Advocates, Attorneys and Experts:
- Respond in a timely manner to staff requests for technical assistance concerning hardware and software
- Use screen sharing technology to provide virtual assistance to remote employees
- Work with staff to maintain and update website content, resources, and access
- Create documentation to promote best practices in usage of existing software or hardware
- Collaborate with the Technology Coordinator to maintain staff accounts and permissions via Windows Server, Active Directory, and Office 365 on a Hybrid Deployment
- Escalate issues when necessary to the Technology Coordinator
- Manage End Abuse Hardware to Maximize technology impact in Wisconsin:
- Purchase and configure new equipment, including printers, computers, phones, or other hardware
- Maintain data records and documentation of technology equipment
- Troubleshoot issues or schedule repairs of equipment including but not limited to computers, phones, printers, and network access points as difficulties arise
- Decommission old equipment to be donated to member programs or recycled
The salary range for this position is $41,500 – $47,500 a year. Benefits include health insurance, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, employee assistance program, and paid vacation, holidays and sick leave.
- High School diploma/GED required
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively explain technical concepts
- Knack for problem solving and troubleshooting
- At least 1-year experience working with technology in some capacity
- Advanced proficiency with Office applications, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access
- Intimate knowledge of Windows operating system
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or relevant work experience
- Familiarity with using a SQL-based database
- Familiarity with Office 365 and cloud solutions, especially SharePoint and OneDrive
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Work is primarily performed in an office setting and requires the ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Access to hardware may require the need to maneuver around tight desk spaces, office furniture, and or lift items 30 to 50 pounds of computer equipment
- The person in this position must be able to exchange accurate information and provide technical support in person, over the telephone and/or online via Skype or some other application
It is the responsibility of every END ABUSE employee to uphold the mission and vision of this agency. END ABUSE works to advance the principle that all people have the right to a life free of oppression and violence. We work to foster change in our economic, social and political systems and bring leadership expertise and best practices to Wisconsin domestic abuse programs and communities engaged in ending domestic violence.
The Technology Support Specialist (TSS) must be able to prioritize a wide range of tasks that allow staff to do their work unimpeded. The TSS must be able to communicate clearly with people who have different levels of experience with technology. The core work of the TSS is to identify, document, and support ever-changing technology needs and solutions that will further the work of the organization.
It is also an expectation that on the individual level all staff members will work to further their personal capacity to foster an environment of cultural inclusivity and sensitivity that is the foundation for all our work.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of duties and levels of work difficulty that will be required and should not be construed as specifying or defining all the duties and responsibilities of a particular position.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit a complete application package including:
- A current resume;
- A one-page cover letter;
- A one-page, double-spaced essay describing your understanding of domestic abuse;
- The End Abuse employment application form (signed): Click here to access.
To be considered for this position, you must submit a complete application package with all items listed above.
Send your complete application package by mail, email or fax to:
End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin
1245 E. Washington Ave., Suite 150
Madison, WI 53703
For full consideration, please apply by March 1, 2019.
End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to arrest or conviction, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability or veteran status. We encourage applicants with disabilities who may need accommodations in the application process to contact the Operations Manager, Angie Trudell Vasquez, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 608-255-0539 x 303.
Application deadline: March 1, 2019
Sorry, we are no longer accepting applications for this position.