Individuals of color/from systematically oppressed populations are strongly encouraged to apply. New Horizons Shelter and Outreach Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek individuals who are dedicated to helping others, collaborative team based approach and upholding our mission.
New Horizons requires all persons to complete an application, cover letter and resume to be submitted when applying for any position within the organization. If all 3 items are not included, the candidate will not be considered for an interview.
Duties and Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for actively recruiting volunteers and interns
- Facilitates and fosters relationships with field placement advisors of colleges
- Provides initial and ongoing training to volunteers and interns
- Provides staff with assistance as needed in the supervision of program volunteers
- Ensures that program needs of volunteers and/or interns are met on a timely basis
- Manages multiple data bases to secure volunteers and interns
- Is responsible to recruit, train and support volunteers for donation drives and fundraising events
- Is responsible for the day to day operations of item donations
- Maintains a clean office and communal space
- Attends and participates in full staff meetings, outreach meetings, and other meetings as assigned by the executive director
- Is present at functions and fundraisers of the organization
New Horizons Shelter and Outreach Centers provide safety and services to adults and families who have experienced domestic and sexual abuse so that they can make decisions about their lives in a supportive, nonjudgmental and empowering atmosphere. We promote the concepts of non-violence and equality through intervention, prevention and education.
The following application materials are needed for consideration can be found http://www.nhagainstabuse.org/get-involved/employment-opportunities/
- Completed employment application
- Cover letter addressed to New Horizons Shelter & Outreach Centers
Incomplete applications, or applications submitted without a cover letter and resume will NOT be considered.
Completed applications may be submitted via email as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by U.S. Mail to New Horizons Shelter & Outreach Centers ATTN: Amanda Patton PO Box 2031 La Crosse, WI 54602-2031.
Applications will be accepted until this position has been filled or the application deadline has passed.
Application deadline: August 31, 2020
To apply, please follow the instructions in the posting above.