JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for coordination and implementation of agency programs serving children, teens and families of domestic/dating violence and sexual assault. Works in co with community agencies, schools, and courts to offer individual, family and group advocacy. Also provides outreach and education efforts regarding issues of domestic/dating violence, sexual assault, and trafficking.
Must be able to represent the mission, values and philosophy of Safe Harbor to program participants, employees, and the general public. Model and promote attitudes of non-violence, anti-oppression, inclusiveness, and power-sharing in all facets of position responsibilities, especially when working with community partners.
Be an outspoken voice against violence, teen dating violence, sexual assault, rigid gender roles, and norms of masculinity within the community through conversation, trainings, social media, and one-on-one conversations.
Salary: $44,000 – $66,000 / year
Competitive Benefits including; Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 403b match, wellness stipend, PTO, Personal Days and Sick
- Assist with development and implementation of a robust youth services program for Safe Harbor, including outcome evaluation
- With a trauma informed lens, create and maintain a safe and engaging environment for youth of all ages within our shelter and all aspects of outreach services.
- Model and keep current with best practice related to working with youth, families and trauma; lead in important decision making regarding internal programs and services surrounding children, teens, and families impacted by domestic violence and sexual assault
- Provide direct services including crisis intervention, advocacy, life skills training, parenting support, legal and medical advocacy, information and referrals, safety planning and goal setting for victims and survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault
- Facilitate individualized safety planning, advocacy and support group activities with youth ages 5 and up.
- Regularly meet with parents and children in shelter to identify and create family support plans, covering safety, supportive parenting, and coping and other supportive contact
- Connect families with community resources including youth and family counseling, education, childcare, community events, etc.
- Provide advocacy, accompaniment, and information referrals for children, teens and families seeking assistance after incidents of domestic violence or sexual assault.
- Work closely to establish and maintain meaningful impact and collaboration with Victim Witness office to assist in providing court preparation and support to children, teens and families as they go through court process
- Develop and facilitate peer support and educational groups for children and teens victims or survivors of domestic/dating violence and sexual assault
- Support youth participants’ social and emotional development by providing a variety of recreational and educational activities, as well as in the moment individualized support and modeling.
- Identifies, develops and maintains relationships with appropriate service agencies in the community, which will enhance overall service delivery to families and children we serve. Including but not limited to; school and active youth based community programs, social services, health care, courts and other community based programming
- Works with school personnel to raise awareness, increase services and develop programs aimed at education and prevention of domestic/dating violence, sexual assault and trafficking.
- Facilitates follow-up services for children and teens after incidents of sexual assault and forensic interviews
- Calls attention to trends and represents children, teen, and family issues relevant to multi-disciplinary teams; Domestic Abuse Response Team (DART), and Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) and others
The following application materials are needed for consideration:
- Cover Letter addressed to Safe Harbor Hiring Committee
Persons of color and LGBTQIA+ are encouraged to apply. Safe Harbor supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability.
Incomplete applications, or applications submitted without a cover letter and resume will NOT be considered.
Completed applications may be submitted via email as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by U.S. Mail to Safe Harbor of Sheboygan County, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 582., Sheboygan, WI 53082
Applications will be accepted until this position has been filled or the application deadline has passed.
Application deadline: July 30, 2021
Sorry, we are no longer accepting applications for this position.